DALLAS (2016) – White Rock Advisors, LLC is pleased to announce it recently advised Laser Forwarding, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively “Laser”) of Laredo, Texas and Nuevo Laredo, MX on its sale to Transplace Holdings, LLC (“Transplace”) of Frisco, TX.
Laser is a leading customs brokerage company that provides import- export services, logistics management and legal consultancy. The Company began in the early 1990’s and has grown significantly over the last 25 years. Laser now has 1 location based in Texas and 14 locations throughout Mexico.
Transplace, founded in 2000, is a provider of transportation management services, intermodal, truck brokerage and SaaS TMS solutions. Their
mission is to help manufacturers, retailers and distributors reduce cost, while improving service. Transplace Mexico provides the cross boarder support for Transplace with Mexico in transportation management, logistics, freight brokerage and supply chain consulting. Transplace is owned by Greenbriar Equity Group of New York.
The combined companies present significant opportunities for Transplace and its customers.
- Increases Footprint in Mexico: Combining Laser Forwarding with Transplace expands the footprint for both companies at the border and in Mexico. Transplace’s Mexico operations now include 10 locations and over 550 employees in Mexico and along the southern border. The combined company has over 600,000 sq. ft. of warehouse space in Laredo – to better support customer needs.
- Provides Seamless and Integrated Transportation Across the Border: This transaction brings together best-in-class customs brokerage and transportation services, and will allow Transplace to continue providing rail and truck services for all cross-border and intra- Mexico shipments, while being able to clear customs at any major border crossing.
- Strengthens Transplace’s North American Footprint: Combining Laser Forwarding and Transplace allows the company to provide more comprehensive and integrated transportation services across North America, including deep expertise in cross-border and domestic transportation.
- Reinforces Growth Strategy: The transaction supports Transplace’s strategy of complementing its strong organic growth with selective, strategic mergers and acquisitions in order to meet the supply chain needs of its growing customer base. The diversified services available make Transplace a stronger, more stable company, and will further accelerate growth as we offer more integrated solutions to new and existing customers.
- Supports Commitment to Customers: Transplace is committed to providing exceptional services and innovative solutions to its customers, and joining forces with Laser Forwarding further supports that commitment.
A team from White Rock Advisors, led by Simon Martin and Greg Hext, advised management of
Laser throughout the sales process.
About White Rock Advisors, LLC
The White Rock Advisors team is located in Dallas, Texas. White Rock Advisors is an affiliate of Chapman, Hext & Co., P.C., which is a twenty-six year old financial services firm (www.chapmanhext.com) and through companies with which it is affiliated, provides complete auditing and tax services, wealth management, merger and acquisition advisory services, institutional private placements of equity and debt, restructuring and turnaround services and general corporate finance advisory services to companies with revenues or enterprise values ranging from $10 million to $500 million. White Rock Advisors serves as the investment banking arm of Chapman Hext and focuses on building long term value for clients through unbiased advice, access to the capital markets, and expert assistance in mergers and acquisitions.
For additional information please visit www.whiterockadvisors.com.
White Rock Advisors, LLC (“White Rock”) member FINRA/SIPC is a limited purpose broker dealer that provides a limited range of brokerage and financial advisory services. White Rock does not hold customer accounts, funds or securities, accept trading orders, engage in proprietary trading or market making. White Rock is engaged solely in advising companies and private equity funds on capital raising and corporate restructuring. This is not an offer or solicitation for brokerage services, investment advisory services, or other products or services in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business or where such offer or solicitation would be contrary to the securities laws or other local laws and regulations of that jurisdiction.